Thursday 30 May 2013

How to make perfect yet simple frosting. . .

I needed another little something to the blog, so I decided to do a 'how to' and I decided to start off the absolute simplest!

So this was actually the first time I made frosting and the first time I used my first electric whisk. Making frosting and electric whisks just fit!
So when I first made the frosting or buttercream I kind of went crazy with my electric whisk- so this takes a bit of time- but is soooooo worth it.
The reason I'm mentioning a how to on this is because I find everyone needs to know that putting a little extra time into something like this is totally worth it!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup soft butter,
1 1/2 cup icing sugar,
1-2 drops milk,
A couple of drops of vanilla.

Method:
Whisk the butter a little to just bring it together.
Add half the icing sugar and whisk on low speed for a couple of seconds. Then whisk on high speed for a minute. Then add the rest of the sugar and whisk for 10 minutes. Yes 10 minutes. Add the vanilla (or any other flavouring you like) and milk. Then whisk on high again for another 5 minutes until REALLY light and REALLY fluffy.
You can also add food colouring- preferably gel colouring. You can add a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder. You can also add mashed up fruit or fruit flavourings. Or crushed oreo's maybe?

Thats it.

You'll be surprised in what all that whisking can make rather than doing it with a spoon for a minute.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment