Wednesday 29 May 2013

New cake! YING&YANG

So for my mum and dads anniversary I decided to make them a cake.
I researched some anniversary cakes and came across a ying and yang caje similar to this. So I decided to put my own little spin on it!
One of the sides if slightly raised and I think it gives a extra something to the cake rather than it being flat.
I actually put some flowers or 'poppies' to cover simple imperfections on the edges of the icing at the bottom of the cake. Worked really well and happily covered them up.
It contains a marbled vanilla and chocolate vanilla cake inside. Yum!
I iced and decorated this in the 15 or so minutes my mum and dad were out- so like I said- many imperfections. But hey, I'm an amateur and just glad I made my parents this nice, simple little cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment